MPUG (Microsoft Project Users Group) ran a webinar this week where Microsoft product managers introduced the next version of Microsoft Project. It was definitely not a great presentation and certainly muddied by the un-versioned online version. The new Project page on Microsoft’s site is even more disappointing – a real marketing powder puff.
- Friday’s jobs report did not impress.
- The Symantec 2012 Norton Cybercrime Report cited cybercrime as costing $110B in the last year.
- GM is insourcing its IT after all these years.
- CNET quoted a Citigroup analyst predicting the “worst third quarter in the history of PCs this quarter”. Intel also issued a warning.
- Amazon announced the latest line of Kindles, the Kindle Fire HD. 7″ and 8.9″ models with retina screens, 5GHz 802.11n Wifi, 4G LTE, HDMI and Bluetooth connectivity, and up to 64G storage. Good ZDNet review here.