Just caught up on a few webinars and RunAs Radio podcasts highlighting free utilities. I downloaded and played with a few of these and they look really good…
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit: The MAP Toolkit is an agentless inventory, assessment, and reporting tool that can securely assess IT environments for various platform migrations.
- Active Directory Replication Status Tool: ADREPLSTATUS analyzes the replication status for domain controllers in an Active Directory domain or forest.
- Microsoft Active Directory Topology Diagrammer: The Diagrammer reads an Active Directory configuration using LDAP, and then automatically generates a Visio diagram of your Active Directory (and Exchange) topology.
- Problem Steps Recorder: It’s already a part of the OS from Win 7 and beyond, and enables a user to record their interaction with the sytsem and create a detailed screen-by-screen view with accompanying information.
- Powershell Script Browser & Script Analyzer 1.4: Script Browser for Windows PowerShell ISE which includes over 9000 searchable script samples in the TechNet Script Center from within the scripting environment.
I have downloaded these Unitrends tools but haven’t installed and tried out yet…